Thursday 7 January 2016

2016 Race schedule!

So this is how the season is shaping up, mega excited about it as you can imagine, some old favorites in there plus some new challenges to stretch that comfort zone. I always like to do a few totally different things if I can, to tick them off that ever growing list or recce for future attempts.

March 20th- Grizedale Duathlon- Local race, you cant go wrong with High Terrain Events, superb organisation and courses

April 1st- Xterra Malta- Trying something new, should be an excellent level of competition, fast course and an early season triathlon opener

April 24th- Whinlatter Xtreme Duathlon- There is a bit of climbing squeezed into this one for sure! 1850M with around 2hrs50 winning time

May 22nd- Slateman- Becoming a regular on my calendar, fast, competitive and an amazing carnival atmosphere, I do like a nice cold swim, good warm up for the rest of the season

June 25th- Celtman- The old favourite, I just cannot get enough of the atmosphere, Torridon and that ridge on Ben Eighe

July 15- Oravaman- Super excited about this one, an adventure in the heart of the mountains of Slovakia,  3300m of climbing and a 1000m mountain trail descent to finish. I knew I had to do this as soon as I watched the video and chatted to Peter, the race organizer.

Aug 13- Fjord Extreme- Another race I just cannot wait for, Romsdal area of Norway, mountain top finish at 1700m, as per Norseman, only you have to get yourself back down. Raw and basic, just how we like it

Hopeful-

Sep- 3 Peaks Cyclocross

More races to be confirmed but that is the bulk of it, should be fun ticking those lot off. Here we go!

My favorite ridge in the world, Colin Henderson Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment