Friday 28 September 2012

2 days and counting!

Sat in Bilbos cafe in ambleside, enjoying a pint of tea and a slice of choc cake. No posts for a while but plenty has been going on. Moving house, the last hard training sessions before Wasdale and a classic fell race on a beautiful day.

The last 10 days has been tapering. I have to say I am feeling strong and confident. Pretty sure the run is back, Wrynose and Hardknott feel a little easier and The Coach has lent me his wet suit which feels a little faster and warmer than mine! The weather is set to terrible so all that training in the wet and cold should have been worth it. The more suffering the better for me I think. It will hopefully slow the racing snakes down!

Three Shires Fell Race

The race route


This is a race I have always planned to do. It happened to fall 15 days out from Wasdale, is 12 miles long with 1300mtrs of ascent. About the same as the route on Wasdale! The perfect race to test out the run. I have been working quite hard on my run recently after feeling a little disappointed at Helvellyn. Working hard uphill during runs up Fairfield and Red screes seemed to have done the trick. I came 26th with a time of 2hrs 16min 59secs. I felt stronger on hills and the leg speed was there for the descents. I recovered quickly aswell. This really is a great fell race, running on rough trods with plenty of scope for picking your own line. Very well organised by Ambleside AC and the support on the course was fantastic. Steve  had a run out to in preparation for his goals this winter. Legend!
The start of Three Shires 2012
So now it is time to rest, pack kit and get fired up for Sunday morning at seven am. As I said before I feel ready and as always just want to race as hard as I can. The rest will sort itself out.

Race report and photos some time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment